|  
Olomouc Region Card

Přerov Chateau

You are here: IntroductionMonuments and cultureCastles and chateauxPřerov Chateau

Address and contact


Loutkářské letnice Přerov
15. – 17.5.2020
Loutkové divadlo Sokol Přerov (less than 1 km)
Pavel Novák
24.12.2019 (10:15)
Přerov (less than 1 km)
Ples klubu amerického fotbalu Mammoths Přerov
29.2.2020 (19:00)
Městský dům Přerov (less than 1 km)
30 let Dlažky
25.1.2020 (17:30)
V. Klub, Přerov (less than 1 km)
other events in the vicinity


Přerovsko

In the late 15th century this originally Gothic castle was bought by the House of Pernštejn. The only preserved Gothic part is the angle tower in the south-western part of the building, a dominant feature of the chateau as well as the city.

In the early 17th century the chateau was purchased by Karl the Elder of Žerotín, who completed the redevelopment of the castle into a four-wing, Renaissance chateau. The moat from the 16th century has also been preserved. Further building conversions of both the interiors and the exteriors were executed in the first half of the 19th century. The chateau now houses the Museum of Comenius and the City of Přerov Gallery.

The Comenius Museum features eighteen permanent displays. A reconstruction of a 17th-century classroom is the first of several permanent installations devoted to school and education. The room is arranged according to pictures drawn by Comenius. His life is commemorated by a separate comprehensive exhibition called the "John Amos Comenius Memorial," which comprises numerous objects, artworks and information relating to this important historical personality. The museum also features the following displays: Teachers, the Propagators of Comenius' Thoughts; Classroom and Teacher's Room from the Austro-Hungarian Era; Classroom from the First Czechoslovak Republic Era (1918-1938); Classroom from the 1950s. Three thematic areas constitute other comprehensive displays, the "Ethnography of Haná and Záhoří." Unique collections of insects and rocks and minerals are displayed in the "Entomology" and "Mineralogy" sections. The display "Přerov Area Resistance 1914-1989" shows documents, news reports and photographs in connection with the fates of specific people. The observation tower with vedutas of the town of Přerov from 1593-1940 is the rest area of the museum.

Opening hours

January-December: Tuesday-Friday: 08:00 - 17:00
January-December: Saturday-Sunday: 09:00 - 17:00

Admission fee

The entire chateau: basic 40 CZK | reduced 20 CZK
1 exhibition or permanent exhibit: basic 20 CZK | reduced 10 CZK

Discounts

Olomouc region card

Locality

Show on the map

Other attractions in the vicinityWhere to eat and drinkWhere to find accommodationRoutesEvents
Hostinův Důl Horse-Riding Club in Tršice Hostinův Důl Horse-Riding Club in Tršice
Hostinův Důl 351 783 57 Tršice (9 km)
Synagogue Synagogue
Wilsonova 16 750 02 Přerov (less than 1 km)
Comenius Museum Comenius Museum
Horní náměstí 7 750 11 Přerov (less than 1 km)
Michalov Town Park Michalov Town Park
Městské informační centrum Přerov Náměstí T. G. Masaryka 7 750 02 Přerov (less than 1 km)

Map location

Přerov Chateau

Tourist locations

Mapa


Copyright © 2009 – 2019 Olomouc Region
This project is financed by the European Union and the Olomouc Region
The European Union and the European Regional Development Fund are partners for your development. These pages are part of the portal ok-tourism.cz
Information on Jeseníky can be found here

The European Union and the European Regional Development Fund are partners for your development.

Olomoucký kraj Evropská unie Regionální operační program Střední Morava Interreg IIIA