After 1480 the castle was owned by the House of Žerotín. At the turn of the 16th and 17th centuries redeveloped into a Renaissance chateau with an arcade courtyard, preserved fortifications and a moat. Later some Baroque modification was carried out. In the 18th century several rooms were decorated with frescos and part of the fortifications were removed in the mid-19th century. Nowadays various cultural events take place at the chateau, and its premises also house a regional history museum and a display of the works of the sculptor J. Lendr.